We developed the North Star Award four years ago as a way of saying, what CoVerican exhibits absolute perfection when it comes to displaying what our company is all about. Who personifies CoVerica? The North Star Award is the embodiment of who we are and how we do business.
So what are those qualities? Let’s take a moment to look at the five Core Values that CoVerica lives by:
- We treat others as ourselves. The Golden Rule. From our clients, our carriers, and our fellow employees, we try to consistently treat all of these parties respectfully and fair.
- Driven to seek a positive impact. It’s what we do each day, that matters. What did we do to make CoVerica and our client’s lives better today than the day before? Also, what did we do today to make our community better for tomorrow?
- Seeks ways to help others. This may sound like a simple tenant, but it’s keeping your ear to the ground to make someone’s life or day a little easier. What can you find to educate someone else to help them with their work or how they buy or use an insurance policy?
- See challenges as an opportunity. This is something that we ask everyone at CoVerica to do. If you see a roadblock, what three ways are there around it. Find creative solutions to problems instead of just saying no.
- It’s doing the right thing, even when it hurts. At times we do have to deliver bad news or tell someone that something isn’t covered after exhausting all options to try to find coverage. It’s one of the most painful parts of the job but it’s something we have to do. We should do this with grace and integrity and counsel our staff and clients on how we can do it better next time.
So let’s talk about 2018’s North Star Award Winner.
For this year, CoVerica selected someone who exhibits all of these values on a day-to-day basis. It’s not even about work days either, she bends over backwards on her day off and weekends to make her clients, who are our member agents at our CoVerica Agency Alliance, lives a littler easier. Lynette Chastain does this each time with a warm, helping smile and the patience of a teacher. Chris Sterlacci, Chief Operating Officer of the CoVerica Agency Alliance said the following about 2018’s winner, “The reason we voted Lynnette Chastain as the North Star recipient for 2018 is because she continues to prove herself as an asset to all of CoVerica by helping the team succeed in every aspect of our operation. From bringing comprehensive training to someone new to insurance or having a difficult coaching conversation with a member on how to grow their agency, she continues to put the success of her team first above all else.” Chris also added, “Simply put, she truly adds to our incredible culture and makes CoVerica and the CoVerica Agency Alliance a great place to work.”
Lynette Chastain, congratulations on being named this year’s 2018 North Star Award.