CoVerica has been fortunate enough as a company not to have to endure any major disasters such as fire, flood, or tornado, but there is no better time than now to prepare your business and your staff; or, as the Red Cross calls it: Ready Rated.
We recently attended a local chapter meeting put on by the Red Cross and found out that the only organizations participating in the program in Dallas were schools, universities, and hospitals. However, as an insurance brokerage, we see first hand that diaster strikes at will to any and all types of organizations.
CoVerica is currently the only private business in the Dallas Metroplex involved in the Red Cross’s Ready Rating Program and we encourage ALL businesses of ALL sizes to enroll in the program to be better prepared for a disaster.
Would your staff be prepared for:
- A medical emergency such as a heart attack, stroke, or a diabetic emergency with another staff member or someone visiting your business?
- An evacuation for a fire, tornado, or chemical/pollutant?
- A procedure for an Unauthorized Individual in the building?
- Locating a known list of employees that can be easily identified with medical training such as CPR and First Aid?
- Knowing the procedure for reporting an emergency to 911 and to management?
- Be able to locate a list of “emergency contacts” for an employee who has become ill or hospitalized?
Over the next few weeks we’re going to update our blog with the results our own findings and what we’re doing to be more prepared.
You can find out more about the Red Cross Ready Rating Program here.