Welcome to the S.B. 425 Certificate of Insurance Resource Center
The Texas Legislature passed and Governor Perry signed Senate Bill 425 to become effective January 1st, 2012. Under Bill 425, only certificates of insurance approved by the Texas Department of Insurance may be issued.
We understand just how important certificates of insurance are to your business relationships. Therefore, we feel it is extremely important to provide this Resource Center, with detailed industry information and ongoing updates.
Please do not hesitate to contact our office at (800)490-8850 to discuss any questions you may have regarding S.B. 425.
Below you will find resources to help your business with this new Texas Certificate Law.
- S.B. 425 Client Announcement
- Download – Full text of Senate Bill 425
- Certificate of Insurance – Acord 25 (2010/05)
- TDI List of Approved Certificate Forms (as of 01/06/2012)
- TDI Summary Rules
- IIAT Notice to Interested Trade Groups and Associations
- IIAT Analysis of S.B. 425
- IIAT Update 12/28/2011 on TXDOT Cert Approved
- TXDOT Approved Certificate 12/28/2011
- Selected Sections of S.B. 425
- S.B. 425 Notice to Policy Holders
- S.B. 425 Notice to Certificate Holders
- S.B. 425 COI Wording
- Certificate of Insurance Tips (new)
TDI Compliance Contact Information
Certificate filers can mail a certificate form and request for approval to:
P&C Intake Unit
Texas Department of Insurance
Austin, TX 78701
Filing a Complaint. Agents and policyholders can file complaints regarding noncompliant certifcates of insurance with the Texas Department of Insurance.
The complaint should include a copy of the noncompliant certificate and an opinion on what makes it noncompliant.
Sincerely, your CoVerica team.
A very special thank you to the IIAT for supplying some of the above resources.